1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for an RTT course...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by GiantPanda, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hi
    I've recently completed a RTT course. It too was a joint course but part time (I'm primary).
    The interview itself was very informal. Can't really remember the questions I was asked but think they really just wanted to check my commitment to return to teaching so I was asked why I wanted to return, what I hoped to gain from a RTT course and also questions about what I think my strengths and weaknesses would be back in the classroom. I was offered a place there and then.
    I think the course was really beneficial for me. I really lacked confidence in teacher (my last year in teacher had been horrible!) and my self-esteem was at zero. The course was great for allowing me to build up my confidence through the school placement. It was also really good for interview tips, applying for jobs, etc.
    I applied for 2 jobs and was interviewed for both. I got the 2nd job! When HT have asked me how long I'd been out (5.5 years) they always say 'That's not that long'. But I think HTs like the fact I've completed a RTT course because it shows commitment to returning to the profession. I know a few others on the course have also got jobs but many others are joining supply agencies.
    I don't think I would have got a job at all, and certainly not so soon, had I not completed the RTT course.
    Hope that helps and good luck with your return!

2. I just wanted to come back to thank the two people who gave me advice and encouragement -- I got a place!!! Thank you both so much for your input and support.
    I start on 4th May and now have reams of phone calls to make, letters to write, documents to find and forms to fill in, but weirdly I'm loving it! I'm really excited and looking forward to a new start in my career.

3. Well done you!
    Enjoy it and make sure you make the most of the support and encouragement you'll get on the course, I found it was over far too soon!
    And good luck in the job searching and interviews that are to come.

4. goosey200

goosey200 New commenter

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the course, I'm sure you'll have a really good time. Good luck :)