1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for a charity that helps children with learning disabilties

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by anon3767, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have an interview this week for a charity that helps children and young people with learning difficulties and it's as a project worker.
    They have provided the following brief to prepare for interview: "How would you motivate a young person who was low in confidence to access services and increase their participation in an activity - please bring visual aids to show process of thought and journey of young person, any activity is fine."
    Does anyone have any starting points I can begin to research? I was thinking of saying about ice-breaker activities; giving them a role where they can participate but not have to take a leading role; but I don't really know what to say about actually getting them to access the service in the 1st place if their confidence is low?
    Also, the visual aids part is confusing - should I draw it out or do a PPT? Any help/advice would be appreciated.