1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview: Example of Excellence in Learning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by wilson2806, Nov 1, 2016.

1. wilson2806

wilson2806 New commenter

Hello!

I have an interview next week and have been asked to bring something that demonstrates excellence in learning which we will have the opportunity to discuss at during the interview.

Any great ideas? Anything that you really particularly feel demonstrates excellence in learning?

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Whilst we might be able to suggest something. it really needs to be your own idea. You need something you are really committed to so as you can discuss it at interview.

What do you think is excellence in learning? What particular aspect epitomises it? Then think of an object / picture whatever to take with you to the interview.

caterpillartobutterfly and asnac like this.
  3. wilson2806

wilson2806 New commenter

One of my issues is that because I currently work on day to day supply, I don't have the chance to take any work from pupils. Do you think it necessarily needs to be student work or creations?

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

turn the question on it's head- do you think it needs to be?

If you believe you need examples of students work there are many examples of school websites which may have examples. Could you show one of those? perhaps even 2 showing a good and one a bad example?

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I'm not sure I understand the aim of the exercise ? Even the title of the task ' excellence in learning ' ? is poorly phrased. (Schools are obsessed with the ' excellent 'judgement) . Does it mean you take something as evidence which demonstrates the acquisition of ( a student's ) knowledge / skills / understanding ? Can you put the student's ability / efforts / time into this context . If you think you know what they want why not just make something up which answers the brief ? To be honest I would run a like from a school which thought this was a worthwhile thing to do at interview - better still surely to ask you to demonstrate your skills with a class and then justify / discuss your approach.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. drvs

drvs Star commenter

Apply to a more sensible school that is less focused on intangible gimmickry?

minnie me and Lara mfl 05 like this.