1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview- do i go for the obvious?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mmm...Milk, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

I have an interview and have to an environmental subject. As it is fair trade fortnight do I go for one of the many suggested games and put my own twist on it? or I work on the theory that others could be doing the same and try and do something different?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'd definitely avoid anything out there in the public domain & try to come up with something yourself.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, that's much better.
    How awful would it be if another candidate used the same public materials!
    That's why we don't give advice on this Forum for the actual content of observed lessons - anyone could see it! One HT had 6 candidates recently for a post, and 4 of them used the VERY SAME lesson that had been suggested here on the Primary Forum.
    No, they weren't appiointed, any of them.
    Best of luck.
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

Thanks. Thats what i thought too. I think I now have a plan but will be using info on related sites to ensure it is the correct info.