1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview days

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by mickymilan, Mar 10, 2012.

1. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

Due to incompetent admin my QTS didn't come through until mid September so I have had 14 days 'off' already plus my 4 days sick. Do interview days count as a day 'off' or not. I know you are allowed 29 days and still complete the NQT year.

2. What was the date on the QTS certificate? This is the effective start date of your induction. So if the startdate for your QTS was say 15th September then that is the start date of your induction and you would complete roughly on 15th September 2012, so in effect you have had no 'time off'. Days out on interview do not not normally count as absence for the purpoises of induction. If you have to leave ypour post before your induction is complete next September e.g. you have a fixed contract to cover a maternity and the school cannot employ you for the extra 14 days then the LA can see this as an exceptional circumstance and reduce your induction provided that, in total it is no more than 29 days (the extra days and any illness taken together).
    The Sage