1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview date dilemma

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by pinkmarshmallow2, Mar 7, 2016.

1. pinkmarshmallow2

pinkmarshmallow2 New commenter

I am still busy applying for jobs, no luck yet :( However, I have seen a post advertised where they have stated the date for the interviews in the supporting documentation. I know I can't make the date as I have a day surgery case, just a minor thing, that I have been waiting for, for a long time. I don't know whether to apply anyway and cancel my appointment in the event I get an interview or be up front and honest with them (a bit presumptuous) or just to not apply?

Thanks in advance,
    Pink

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Which is the more important? Which would have greater impact on your life?

What I would do (but you are not me), is apply, and if shortlisted say that you wonder if it could be possible to be interviewed the day before, but if not convenient for them, you will ask the hospital to reschedule.

Don't ask for day after. Firstly they won't to ask other applicants to wait for the result, and if they fall head over heels for one candidate they might offer there and then so as not to lose him or her, and cancel you so you don't get a chance.

Have you found all the (masses) applications advice articles I've written?

Tag me @TheoGriff if not

Best wishes

Middlemarch likes this.