1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview cancelled :-(

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by maltesersaretasty, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Interviews cancelled. What a disappointment. Unsure whether to take a weeks supply that has been offered or wait to hear from other applications now. Lots due today and Monday are interviewing next week and I had to cancel work last week due to unexpected interviews. It is so hard trying to earn money to keep afloat and secure something for September- time to extend the overdraft I think.
    Does anyone know if schools reimburse travel costs for interview anymore or is that wishful thinking considering economic situation. Been travelling 2-3 hours each way everytime as relocating.
    Fingers crossed for more interviews. Time for lots of chocolate I think.

2. Interviews cancelled. What a disappointment. Unsure whether to take a weeks supply that has been offered or wait to hear from other applications now. Lots due today and Monday are interviewing next week and I had to cancel work last week due to unexpected interviews. It is so hard trying to earn money to keep afloat and secure something for September- time to extend the overdraft I think.
    Does anyone know if schools reimburse travel costs for interview anymore or is that wishful thinking considering economic situation. Been travelling 2-3 hours each way everytime as relocating.
    Fingers crossed for more interviews. Time for lots of chocolate I think.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]

It is pretty rare for schools to offer to pay expenses, but if you ask and plead extra poverty (having had to give up a day's teaching to go, for example), they sometimes take pity and pay your petrol or coach fare.
    Good luck for the next ones!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.

www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com

Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.

www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com

See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. Schools repay travel expenses as standard and will give you a form to complete. Never been to an interview where this hasn't happened (and I have been to a lot!)

5. Really? I've not had one offered to me at any of mine and they have all been aware of how far I travelled as they mentioned it on the day and thanked me for coming after telling me I didn't get the job! I'm guessing I can't really ask now but when is the best time to mention it do you think for any future interviews- should I just ask in the office during the day?
    Thanks.