1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at the London Institute for PGCE in MFL

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by p848, May 2, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I have an interview for a PGCE in less then a month at the London Institute of Lingusitics. In addtition to a group interview I will also be given an individual interview!
    Could anybody give some advice on the group interviews? Has anybody ever had an interview there? I have been advised to focus on current issues regarding mfl at secondary level and will be asked to demonstrate my language skills during my interview...
    Any advice would be much appreciated!!!
    I have already started preparing for potential questions, have also been reading up on changes to the national curriculum!!

Thank you all :)

2. Hi all,

I have an interview for a PGCE in less then a month at the London Institute of Lingusitics. In addtition to a group interview I will also be given an individual interview!
    Could anybody give some advice on the group interviews? Has anybody ever had an interview there? I have been advised to focus on current issues regarding mfl at secondary level and will be asked to demonstrate my language skills during my interview...
    Any advice would be much appreciated!!!
    I have already started preparing for potential questions, have also been reading up on changes to the national curriculum!!

Thank you all :)

3. Hi, I have my interview in March and wanted to know how it went for you then
    Thank you

4. you might get....

gender bias within MFL learning

maintaining take up - your htoughts on the eBacc as a result to help - or does it stick more probably disaffected by 'my parents told me to' kids into groups

boosting speaking skills - notoriously the weakest skill in MFL learning

should we maintain German on the curriculum. (umm, yes. Engineering, anybody?)

transition from primary to secondary - maintaining the enthusiasm and building on it.

Good luck with it. Sounds blo*dy stressful - dont' they NEED MFL teachers, why so many hoops to jump through!!

5. Many thanks!