1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at Strathclyde Uni

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by logan1006, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Sorry Minivan,
    I had been looking at previous posts and with all the information people have previously shared I didn't think I was doing any harm and would personally never dream of putting anyone in a difficult position. Surely its up to individuals if they want to share their experiences or not. If they dont want to share they dont have to reply. I see no point in trying to make someone feel bad simply for asking for advice.

2. Ignore the previous poster... if you look at their other comments you will see they like to troll!
    There is only an individual interview at Strathclyde. Read the letter they gave you, it is really helpful and basically gives you a hint about the questions they will ask in the interview and what they are looking for. The best advice to give is to try and stay calm and be yourself. I also have an interview on Friday, I had one last year too. They say it takes most people a few years of applying before they are successful due to the numbers decrease etc. You have a 1 in 5 chance with the amount of people being interviewed and the amount of places.

3. Thank you so much Amanda,
    I really appreciate your advice and feel a little more at ease now that I know what to expect. Wishing you the very best of luck for Friday.

4. Hi,
    I had an interview in February and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! Yes I was nervous but the two people interviewing me were very nice and really put me at ease. I felt I was rambling on a bit and wasn't sure how I got on although I answered all the questions. At one point near the start I was so nervous I didn't understand the question but I just asked him to repeat it as didn't want to ramble on and not actually answer what he had asked. After the interview I was really stressed that I had blown it because of this but I found out last week that I had got a place to start in August so obviously I hadn't. What I would say to you is make sure you are prepared and can show why you want to be a teacher and read up on current issues in teaching as this is important and I know a few people were asked that.
    I hope this helps you a bit and good luck with the interview
    Mhairi

5. Hi Mhairi,
    Thanks for your response and advice, its very helpful and much appreciated. I have been trying to read up on the current issues in teaching but not really sure what they are looking for me to say. Anyway well done on getting a place, you must have impressed them! I will let you know how I get on whether it be good or bad news
    Thanks Again
    Susan

6. They don't really ask specifically about the current issues, but I tried to answer the questions in a way that showed I have knowledge about things such as the change in the curriculum, active learning, methods of assessment etc.

Good luck!

7. Thats great thank you, good luck to you too, hope you get a place.