1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at special needs school

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by urvishah, Jan 17, 2018.

1. urvishah

urvishah New commenter

Hi everyone, I have an interview for the position of a learning support assistant at a special needs school for children with autism. I am currently an LSA in a secondary school so I have been through the interview process for this role, but would like to know if it is likely to be different in a special needs school?

What sort of questions would they be likely to ask?
    Would I be observed in a practical setting?
    Any other tips from people who work in this type of school or have had any experiences of the interview stage would be much appreciated!

Thank you all in advance

2. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Star commenter

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Good luck.
    Focus on the children, how you will assess their needs using a combination of paperwork and observation.
    Talk about how you have managed to get the children you've been working with to succeed.

4. Hiya I have an intreview at a special school that cater for the pro found disbilability like autism. And was wondering what questions they ask for a teaching assistant post.

5. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Having autism does not necessarily mean a student is profoundly disabled!
    My advice - check school website for special needs they cater for, research them and think about how you could support and enable them.
    Plus, questions about safe-guarding will more than likely be asked so research this too.