1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at Roehampton 12th Jan, Upper Primary. Anyone else in the same boat?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by cheri88, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Hey all!

I have an interview for Upper Primary at Roehampton on the 12th January! Just wondering is anyone else in the same boat?
    I have been looking round these forums and there aren't many posts about interviews for Roehampton, nerves are starting to kick in and would love to discuss the interview as I am worried about bringing an example of how children learn!

2. Hi Cheri,
    I'm in the same position as you except I don't know what you're referring to when you say you're worried about bringing an example of how children learn.... I haven't received any information on what I need to bring except certifcates and the 2 forms and haven't found any information on the Roehampton website about what to expect from the interview, am I missing something? I know that some universities require you to give a presentation, do you know if this is the case with Roehampton?

3. Hey!
    Well done on getting an interview! I had mine for full time Primary in Novemeber, still waiting on news whether I have a place like a lot of people are at the moment. Anyway I posted this about my interview on another thread, not sure whether you saw it...
    I had my interview yesterday at Roehampton for full time Primary but they interviewed full time and part time together. Just totally be prepared and make sure that you take an example of something you'd done in the classroom or your voluntary work as they'll ask you to talk about it in the interview.
    There is an English test where you have to correct a piece of work (so swot up on spelling and grammar!) and you have to write an essay but this is more to assess your writing skills than the subject.
    In the interview they mainly ask about your classroom experience - like interesting lessons and behaviour management. It doesn't feel much like a formal interview more of a chat and at the end they asked me about a current educational issue so make sure you have one ready to talk about.
    There is a link on the website they direct you to that contains information about the interview including the bit when it says to bring an example of how children learn.
    Hope it's helpful!! Let me know how you get on,
    Lou