1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview at middlesex uni -please help!!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by caitlinjroberts, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Hi! I had an interview at Middlesex yesterday. What course are you applying for? I think it entirely depends on your subject and the interviewer - mine was for English PGCE and the interview was very informal. We had a discussion with present PGCE students, a group discussion, presentations of 10 mins each, a written task responding to an article, and finally a personal interview.

It was far less scary than I had imagined! My advice is try to be yourself and get across how much passion you have for your subject and for teaching in general.

How are you getting there? If via tube, get off at Oakwood and directly on the left as you exit the station is a bus stop from which you can catch a free shuttle bus to Trent Park campus - otherwise it's a 20 min walk involving hills - not good in smart shoes or heels!!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. I got in by the way!

xxx

2. What type of questions were you asked in the maths test. When did you find out that you got a place on the course?

Thanks

3. Ive got a secondary ICT interview in two weeks but I only got a brief email letting me know that I have to do a 5 minute presentation I have not received any information via post though.

4. i didn't have a maths test - is yours for primary? i found out later on the same day, but i think that just depends on your interviewer. Good luck!

5. Hey, Ive been invited for interview on the 12th April for PGCE English, I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what to expect? With regard to the presentation, and the written exercise? thanx