1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at Leeds Trinity for SCITT ICT

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by hasanali00, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hi

I have SCITT ICT interview coming up at Leeds Trinity. I would appreciate your help in preparing for the day.

The letter says: "You will be interviewed as part of a group which will test your communication skill + ability to work as a group......Your group will be asked to work on short exercise relating to current development in Education...."

The letter also says that there is a two-stage interview process. If successful in the group interview, you will be invited in the lead SCITT school for your subject.

So I would be grateful if you can help me through these two days. What I can expect there and how best to prepare for them.

kind regards

2. Hi

I have SCITT ICT interview coming up at Leeds Trinity. I would appreciate your help in preparing for the day.

The letter says: "You will be interviewed as part of a group which will test your communication skill + ability to work as a group......Your group will be asked to work on short exercise relating to current development in Education...."

The letter also says that there is a two-stage interview process. If successful in the group interview, you will be invited in the lead SCITT school for your subject.

So I would be grateful if you can help me through these two days. What I can expect there and how best to prepare for them.

kind regards

3. ILoveTeaching

ILoveTeaching New commenter

I did a PGCE at trinity and am sure some of my interview will be similar to yours?
    1) We did a group 20 mins discussion about teaching. One Tinitiy lecturer and 5 prospective trainee teachers. We all sat and informally talked about teaching and why were thinking of teaching as a career, etc.
    2) A written English test. I had to paraphrase a piece of text on current educational issues.
    3) A 30 min interview on my own with the leader of the PGCE course. It had some subject knowledge questions. How would you teach this topic? What would the misconceptions be on this topic? How could you make this topic more fun? etc. etc. There were lots of questions about why I wanted to be a teacher and what qualities I could bring to the job, etc.
    Not sure if yours will be the same, but good luck. Trinity really do work you hard, but an amazing place to learn to teach. You will enter the profession very ready for your NQT year. Good luck.