1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview at FE

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by correyam, Mar 3, 2016.

1. correyam

correyam New commenter

I have an interview at an FE college next week and have been asked to do a micro lesson for about 20 minutes on the theme of: Preparing for work experience" the aim,to engage the students in preparing to identify employability skills (both vocational and study skills) and plan for a value added experience that matches their chosen career aspirations.

Any ideas please?

I have career pathways printed out in different types of speech bubbles and laminated.

I have lists of different types of art/graphics pathways.

I have a good knowledge of what it is like to work in the graphic design industry.

Should I get them to do a skills audit firstly, then i could get them to do a career to match the skill?

I could also show them a video on different career pathways and maybe show them my own portfolio and careers that I have had? Is this dangerous?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

2. thekizzaa

thekizzaa New commenter

3. AaronCocker

AaronCocker New commenter

I've been a part of several of these micro-classes, the problem that the SLT observing noted was that the teachers didn't engage with us as well as they should, they just read from a PowerPoint for 20 mins without a pause or without a class discussion of points, this was the feedback they gave us after the teacher left. Not sure if this is helpful or not.