1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at an EAL school- EYFS

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by acorbett85, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I've applied for a FS2 teaching position in a school with a high number of EAL pupils. I've found out I've been short listed for interview, hurray! I'm having a bit of a panic about the teaching task I've been given. The task is:

Deliver a 15 minute observed task of your choice, to six F2 children. This group may include children new to the country, with little or no English language. The activity should be designed to encourage pupil talk. After this, you will be asked to reflect on the task and to discuss how you might develop it further.

I'm finding it quite a vague task and struggling to think of anything that will be engaging and inclusive to all six children! Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation :)

2. Hi all,

I've applied for a FS2 teaching position in a school with a high number of EAL pupils. I've found out I've been short listed for interview, hurray! I'm having a bit of a panic about the teaching task I've been given. The task is:

Deliver a 15 minute observed task of your choice, to six F2 children. This group may include children new to the country, with little or no English language. The activity should be designed to encourage pupil talk. After this, you will be asked to reflect on the task and to discuss how you might develop it further.

I'm finding it quite a vague task and struggling to think of anything that will be engaging and inclusive to all six children! Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation :)