1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at a Special School - Help!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by brookend, May 16, 2018.

1. brookend

brookend New commenter

I have an interview at a special school on Thursday (eek!) They want me to deliver a 20 mins start to a lesson based around a current news topic. The lesson needs to be thematic ie covering more than one area of the curriculum. They want to see the planning to meet the diverse needs of the children in the group. I have the group details - they are y6-9 and broadly split into higher ability y6s (ASD and SLCN) and low ability y9s with Speech and language difficulties. They said to teach all as if upper KS2
    The Royal wedding seems an obvious choice. Any ideas about how to approach this to cover ore than one area - I'm humanities/ English, but don't mind a bit of KS2 (simple) maths.
    Thanks in advance

2. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

I've got lots of ideas but the problem is, what if other candidates are also looking for advice and come on here and see what I've written? You'd end up with several people teaching the same or similar lesson!

How about you think about all the elements needed to plan a royal wedding party? That seems to be pretty cross-curricular.