1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at a small school

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by fuzzle, Feb 7, 2011.

1. I have an interview coming up which is at a small village school.
    The school shares a headteacher with another small school in the next village.
    I had an interview in a similar school a couple of months ago and was asked about the impact of having a shared headteacher and how I would 'cope' with it (I can't remember the exact words.)
    I don't think I answered particularly well so does anyone have any pointers/suggestions?

2. I have an interview coming up which is at a small village school.
    The school shares a headteacher with another small school in the next village.
    I had an interview in a similar school a couple of months ago and was asked about the impact of having a shared headteacher and how I would 'cope' with it (I can't remember the exact words.)
    I don't think I answered particularly well so does anyone have any pointers/suggestions?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Does it refer to a shared vision across the two schools? That you'd have to work on your own cognizance more? It really does depend how small the school, what the job spec states etc.
    I actually don't know if you'd be asked that specific question. You might be asked about the challenge of working in a small school, having to share so many subject responsiblities among few staff, challenge of family groupings, ensuring & monitoring individual progress etc. and a whole host of other possible questions.

4. Thank you Lara.
    I think the last interview in a small school asked what challenges I would envisage with the headteacher not being there all the time.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I can answer in a way they like!