1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at a PRU - what to expect?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cleversparkle, May 10, 2011.

1. cleversparkle

cleversparkle New commenter

Hi All,
    I have posted this on jobseekers too but had no response :(

I have an interview coming up the week after next. I currently teach in a mainstream secondary and have done since finishing probation. My interview is within a PRU and I have no idea what to expect. I'm not after the answers, just an insight into the type of questions I may be asked.

Does anybody have any idea?

Help much appreciated!

2. Hi
    I moved from mainstream to BESD a year ago so we sometimes take kids who have been at PRU's for a while...I guess its sort of comparable
    The sort of things I was asked...
    How will you deal with a child who is absconding/refusing to work/swearing at you/being aggressive/being destructive
    How will you find out areas of your subject your students have missed? How will you help for example a KS4 student who has missed most of KS3?
    How will you inspire your students to be interested in your subject?
    How will you use any support staff efficiently?

Creative, cross curricular approaches always go down well with a modern, relevent setting. Depends on your subject but as a scientist I try really hard to make the stuff I teach as practical and relevant as possible,
    Hope this helps

3. cleversparkle

cleversparkle New commenter

Thank you, a confidence boost is very much needed just now!