1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at a private school and lesson observation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by icegem4, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have an interview at a private school and a lesson observation and wanted to open a new post to get a bit of helpful feedback as this site was brilliant during my pgce.
    I have never been to an interview before as I fell into my last job as they liked me when I was on placement and gave me a position. Any help with common question and suggested answers for interviews would be amazing. Do the questions differ when it is an independent school that is a Catholic independent school? Also I have not been given an objective for my English lesson so I can do anything so I thought visual literacy would be good for writing poetry and get in some fun games, but I am a bit stumped on where to take the lesson- use a previous poem as a framework or create their own, use an image that is a scene or a character which they have to describe. Got some fun games we can play to warm up- silly sentences, and thought about whether these could be used to write similes about the picture but got a little lost with it all.
    If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou :)

2. It is a private junior school that has partnerships with private secondary schools to carry on education until 18. Read ofsted and website for school ethos. Thanks for response.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Make sure you have high expectations & enough work for the time, they're likely to get through a lot of work as you won't have all the minor distractions you might encounter in the state system.
    Best of luck!