1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview at a catholic college

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by f.a.b, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Hi, I have a separate thread regarding my interview however this is specific to the college's catholic status.

I am a non catholic and follow a different religion, however have worked in catholic schools during supply and have no hesitation or issues working in a catholic school.

I just want some insight in to what kind of questions they may ask and how I (as a non catholic) should answer?

Further more, I 'openly' follow my religion as in the way I dress so I don't want this to put them off that I may be like trying to share my own religious beliefs at the college, of course not I am there to teach my subject and actually most of our morals, principles and etiquettes are the same and I have no hesitation in supporting.

Look forward to your advice, thanks.

2. When I went to an interview at a Catholic College I was asked (by the priest) "How would you incorporate the catholic ethos in your classroom?", I gave an answer based on respect, morality etc. He was not satisfied with this response and followed it with "Yes, we expect those things from all schools, but more specifically the Catholic Ethos, how do you incorporate spiritualism into your classroom?", I still don't know the answer to that question. I'm convinced the priest had it in for me from the second I walked in the door.