1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

INTERVIEW ASSEMBLY ON TRUST - HELP!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sparksy22, Jun 29, 2008.

1. I have to deliver a 15 min assembly to year 6 children on the subject of TRUST for an interview. Has anyone seen an effective assembly delivered about trust or any suggestions of stories I could use?

Thanks

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

3. Thanks for the link nomad - will certainly be useful.

4. i did a nice one once where 2 chn unwrapped 2 presents and the one in the grotty paper was the one worth having, the glitzy wrapper was the dud present. talked about appearances can be deceptive etc, and that you have to earn trust and build a reputation. Linked to Jesus etc and how you can trust him even though never see him. Also got the kids to do a few trust exercises, where one falls back against the other who has to catch them under the arms, sit back to back and both push to stand up etc. any good??

5. That sounds great. I'm trying to keep it as interactive as possible so I definitly like the present idea. Thanks!

6. has anyone had to deliver an assembly as an interview task? I'm getting nervous now as to what they will be expecting. I'm going to open with the present idea above and would love to do the falling trust game but have concerns that the children may not catch the person falling.

7. why don't you catch them? Discuss why they trust you...or not,,,

8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Er, no.

Do NOT try the 'catch the falling child' exercise. Either with one child catching another or catching the child yourself.

I am no supporter of the Nanny State, but if a child is NOT caught for any reason; falls too soon, catcher is distracted, child is heavier than expected, etc., then there will be serious issues to answer.

Think health and safety.

Apart from anything else, such an exercise is hardly likely to impress a H&S conscious HT at interview, is it?

9. I wouldn't feel happy catching the child so have ruled out the activity. Would be very worried about H&S. Have thought of a couple of ways to engage them which will fill the time slot. Thanks for your comments/ ideas. Fingers crossed now!