1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview and Presentation on Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Boosid, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Hey Jen,

Amazing, you must be thrilled! I'm waiting to hear from my first choiuce still. Can I ask, when you hear about your interview and which provider is it for?

Best of luck. Please post on here and let us all know how it goes!

2. Hi guys,
    Yes I am thrilled I've been chosen but very very nervous.
    I have put together a powerpoint presentation aswell as just a speech with prompting cards so that I'm doubly prepared!
    The training provider is "Thames Primary Consortium" and I heard back last week about it.
    Its for an SCITT course.
    I am very very scared as there is also a maths and english test. Thanks for the luck, I hope its not as daunting as I think its going to be!
    I will let you all know when I'm back :)

3. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

Good luck, Jen! As previous posters have said, just prepare up the wazoo and you'll feel more confident about it - and that includes for the maths and english tests, even if you think you know the subjects well.
    Great to get a quick response too. I'm still waiting to hear from my first choice.

4. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Be extra prepared by printing out your PPT as slides to give out; plus keep a copy for yourself just in case lap-top/projector/usb doesn't work! Don't just read from your PPT, use your PPT like a skeleton and then flesh it out with what you are saying.
    As for Maths and English - practice! Go onto BBC Bitesize!!

5. The only problem with handing out is that I have no idea how many people will be there altogether.
    I may just bring one copy and the usb stick with the presentation on it so I am prepared either way alongside my prompting cards
    Obviously I want to get onto this course but I'm thinking even if I don't it will be a learning curve for me for future interviews etc.

6. Just wondering what people thought of my presentation idea?
    Basically I found an article on the Guardian website about children of primary age getting more involved in knitting and activities from the past - craft etc.
    So I'm doing it about a primary school in south east london that the article focuses on...speaking about the benefits knitting and craft has on a child's personal development and how alot of the pupils were suffering from academic under achievement, however through finding something they have a talent in they are excelling in other subjects.
    I also speak about how the craft and knitting activities help to calm the children down using a quote from one year 6 pupil and how they feel calm during the activity as non-threatening music is played and they sit on beanbags in a quiet room. They also almost always end up with a finished product like a phone holder or fingerless gloves.
    What does everyone think? Too "out there" or ok?