1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview and midpoint on same day!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Jadeylou121, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Jadeylou121

Jadeylou121 New commenter

Hi all,
    Thankyou in advance for your help.

I have my midpoint review and observation for my final placement which happens to fall on the same day as an interview I have.
    As its half term there's not much I can currently do.
    Obviously I don't want to let my current placment school and tutor down and rearrange the midpoint, but I don't want to lose the interview if they cannot reschedule either.
    Which would be best for me to try and rearrange?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The midpoint.

Rearranging the interview for another day might be very difficult for the school, and they may just un-shortlist you.

Well done for getting the interview. You have impressed with your application.

Have you found all the interview advice articles? Tag me @TheoGriff if not.

Best wishes

alla_ova likes this.
  3. alla_ova

alla_ova Occasional commenter

I went for the observation (PDR) at the time and cancelled my job interview. Huge mistake, keeping in mind that my observer (HoS) had previously cancelled a scheduled observation for her own personal reasons. I was relying on my former school too much, as I thought if I did really well, they might offer me a full time post (so naive, did well but the rest never happened).. Also, the school where I applied to sent me a lovely message saying how disappointed they were about my cancellation and that the post would include more responsibilities from next year. What can I say – still regretting about not choosing my own intentions over someone’s commitments. Don’t make same mistake: just say you were offered a job interview on that day and would need to re-schedule your observation.

4. alla_ova

Words of wisdom. I should have asked TheoGriff at the time. :(

5. Jadeylou121

Thanks everyone!

I'm worried my observer won't be too pleased with me as I've already rearranged once with him as he asked for a day originally which I had to give him without consulting my class teacher. Also, the day we've arranged on he is visiting another student within the school so I didn't want to mess with his plans too much.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You'll have to grovel a bit then.

But they know how important interviews are.

Hope you've found those articles....

Best wishes

alla_ova likes this.
  7. alla_ova

Think about yourself and your future plans! What is your priority?
    all the best!

8. Jadeylou121

Thanks everyone :)
    I have spoken to my PT and as long as school okay with rearranging he is.
    Don't know why I stressed myself out with it so much.

Currently searching through the articles now, thanks @TheoGriff.

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Best of luck!