1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview and asking for tips

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by dragonslayer33000, Sep 22, 2018.

1. dragonslayer33000

dragonslayer33000 New commenter

Hi all,

I am an nqt without a job and i have been looking for job and i just got an interview. As usual there is an observation lesson and i was hoping to get some tips on a lesson topic with skills development in for a year 9 science class.

Please help!

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Trial lessons you should be based upon successful teaching from your ITT practices. Don't do something you are totally unfamiliar with. Read the brief carefully if you have been given a specific topic then research around this. Otherwise look at KS3 curriculum and use this to provide a topic- don't forget to reference this in your lesson plan. Above all focus upon what activities the pupils will be doing- make them engaging and not over long. Aim for variety but do be aware that the time span is very short. Ensure that your explanations and introduction are clear and concise and accessible to varying levels of understanding.. Always include extension activities and homework in your lesson plan.

3. dragonslayer33000

dragonslayer33000 New commenter

Thank you for your feedback!