1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview after observation question

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mrs78, Jun 24, 2015.

1. I have recently had a short observation for a job. I was given the date for the observation and the date and time for the interview. I am currently having a stress that they may decide not to interview me after my observation. I enjoyed the observation and the only thing that I can think that wasn't good was that I ran over time.

My worry stems from previous times I have had an observation and the head then decided that they no longer wanted to appoint for that particular role.

How often do heads decide against interviewing after observation?

Hope this makes sense. I think I am letting nerves take over at the moment.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

What any of us says won't help - sometimes they interview everyone, sometimes they 'let some people go'.

If it was more than a day ago and they haven't let you know you're not wanted, that's a good sign.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Nothing I can say really, except:

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.