1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jess_lucas25, Sep 27, 2015.

1. jess_lucas25

jess_lucas25 New commenter

Hello :)

My husband has an interview the week after next for a Level 3 Teaching Assistant position. On the letter it states that he will be observed reading a poem or short story to a group of Yr 1/2 children. We are unsure if he will be given the text or if he can choose his own (he's going to ring tomorrow and ask!). If he can choose his own, would you go for a key text or a more unusual one?

Any ideas to help him stand out from the rest are very welcome!

Thanks in advance
    Jess :)

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I'm pretty certain he will need to choose his own, I'd read a poem or story with a strong structure to it, repetitive language that the children can join in with and, if possible, fabulous illustrations to discuss! Anthony Browne books are some of my personal favourites!

3. jess_lucas25

jess_lucas25 New commenter

Brill, thanks! I love Anthony Browne :)
    I thought maybe something like Whatever Next where he could that the colander and the wellies, etc and become the character. Or become a superhero or farmer, etc