1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Advice

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Bronwynjones, Jul 3, 2012.

1. I've been out of teaching for two years because of health problems, now sorted. Trying to get a job with that history in the current climate and on UPS is very difficult so I've applied for a HLTA job. How how do I raise the issue of pay during the interview? Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks.

2. I've been out of teaching for two years because of health problems, now sorted. Trying to get a job with that history in the current climate and on UPS is very difficult so I've applied for a HLTA job. How how do I raise the issue of pay during the interview? Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks.

3. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Have you posted this on the job seekers forum? Good advice on there. Good luck.

4. Are you asking whereabouts within the advertised salary range for the job would you be on?
    Remember that TA pay is pro rata and the advertised rate generally shows a full time salary and few HLTA posts are full time.
    If you want to know how much you will take home or what your monthly/hourly rate it is notoriously confusing working out TA pay rates.
    Good luck with your applications and remember not to offer too much at interview or you will find yourself with teacher stress at TA pay.

5. Thank you for our replies. I would hope to be paid as near to the top end of the scale offered in the ad but haven't the faintest idea how or when to ease the issue. I'll pst the question on the job seekers forum, too, as advised. Thanks for your good wishes, too.

6. and maybe post on the TA forums too. [​IMG]