1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview advice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by alphabite, Jan 14, 2012.

1. alphabite

alphabite New commenter

Hi there.
    I have an interview for an educational charity on Wednesday.
    I am quite worried about the interview because it's like nothing I've had an interview before. Any general advice for good interview techniques would be great.
    Also this charity has numerous aims, visions, missions and values which all seem different from each other but obviously all revolve around similar issues. How do I go about remembering these as at the moment I can't remember a single 1 incase they come up at interview!
    I have to do a presentation to get schools involved in the charity. I've only done a couple of presentations before (to adults!) and I know it's not my strength. How do you sell an idea well/present well?

I am really nervous and despearately want this job as it looks great. Any ideas would be great.

2. alphabite

alphabite New commenter

Sorry about the terrible grammar and punctuation.

3. v12

v12

Don't be afraid to take some notes or bullet points in with you in a small note-book. They will think that you're very organised and keen not to miss anything of importance.

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I work for a charity and I think you really need to get your head round this so you have some coherent ideas about what the charity's main ethos is. If it's anything like my place they will be understanding of nerves!

5. alphabite

alphabite New commenter

Thanks for the advice.

6. v12

v12

Oh. And don't appear too desperate!
    Good luck!!