1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview advice

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Kate.Burgess2, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Hi I have been asked to prepare a presentation for the school council about why I would be a good teacher. The interview panel will be observing and I was just wondering what others might include if they were in my shoes!

2. I would include lots of information about why I would be a good teacher.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Indeed. I know why I might be a good teacher, but I have no idea why Kate Burgess (and if this is your real name, Kate, you've been very silly in using it as your username here - you've just told all the teachers, parents, heads and governors that you can't come up with your own ideas on this subject) might be a good one.
    In fact, this thread rather suggests otherwise...

4. Wow...some really helpful advice there for you! I wouldn't just 'present' why you would be a good teacher, I would actually show them - perhaps demonstrate something that you've done before that's worked really well with a class? Talk about things like how you link your subject to the pupils' lives. I'm secondary English and I try to make my subject as fun and relevant as I can - I've had pupils create Facebook pages for Romeo and Juliet and they update their status' as we read the play. Also talk about any extra curricular activities that you have/would be involved in.
    Hope this helps!
    Good luck with your interview x

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

You told her the same thing in May, Middlemarch. She hasn't taken your advice (of course it may not be her real name - I hope it isn't).

6. Middlemarch

Has she been on asking us to sort her interview for her before? I lose track, as so many of them can't walk without being told how.

7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

On the Primary forum:

https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/488644/6733182.aspx#6733182

8. Middlemarch

Being able to think for yourself, develop your own ideas - that's what gets you the job, Kate.