1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview advice

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by littlemisstickles, May 30, 2011.

1. I am lucky enough to have an interview at an independent primary school after half term, however as yet I have not been told the salary. I am in the process of deciding whether or not to stay on at my current school and of course, the salary is a factor in my decision about where to go. I would like to know the pay for this position and wondered how to approach asking, is it rude to ask at the interview?

2. bluebell27

bluebell27 New commenter

Does it not give any indication in the job advert about the salary. If not I would bring it up near the end under any other questions, suggesting that as there wa no indication on the advertisement etc......... There is nothing wrong is saying that you have to consider/compare your current salary with any future salary. At the end of the day if it was a drastic cut, would you want the job. If you would take the job even if it meant a pay cut them perhaps there would be no need to ask?[​IMG]