1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview advice

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by va802js, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Dear all,
    I have got an interview with the institute of education in just over a week, where i have been asked to present a five minute selection of work followed by a fifteen minute personal interview. I am fine with talking about my own work, but i was wondering if anyone had advice about the personnal interview? Thanks.
    Lee

2. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

It's very relaxed, almost unbelievably so. The one to one interview will be with one of the tutors and involves very few questions that are not designed to trip you up or confuse - just the obvious things. I think they're looking for enthusiasm and experience, and if you lack the latter then they'll want to hear solid evidence of your plans to get more experience before the start of the course.
    I think the most important thing before the interview is to try and be as calm as possible - you have to get on top of nerves during the presentation and in the interview be as honest and enthusiastic as possible.

3. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

Oh yes, and SMILE!