1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by misssoontobemrs, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hi wondered if anyone could help. i left my last school last March and have been working in an area outside of teaching since then. I have an interview this week and am concerened that the issue of why my last Head is not on my CV will come up. To cut a long story short the last Head was not particularly pleasant to me and put me on capability procedures after the GCSE results were not that good (she has had a history of douing this to staff in the past, not just me). The local SIP, AST and union rep all said I should not have been put on capability. ANYWAY, how would I phrase this in my interview? I have not put my former Head on my CV

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Hi wondered if anyone could help. i left my last school last March and have been working in an area outside of teaching since then. I have an interview this week and am concerened that the issue of why my last Head is not on my CV will come up. To cut a long story short the last Head was not particularly pleasant to me and put me on capability procedures after the GCSE results were not that good (she has had a history of douing this to staff in the past, not just me). The local SIP, AST and union rep all said I should not have been put on capability. ANYWAY, how would I phrase this in my interview? I have not put my former Head on my CV

Thanks

[​IMG]

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I understand your predicament but I think it would be prudent to explain this candidly at interview, and not exclude the ify head from your CV. Recruitment safeguarding advice does lend to all previous employers being contacted and I would think it best you flagged it rather than have something muttered in a phone conversation that went against you.

4. Thank you. She was contacted for my current job which is not in teaching and in her ref wrote 'Would not employ her again as has capability issues' so that is why I did not use her on my current CV.

5. Hi another query now... I have to register with GTCS and have to put previous head as a referee. I am really concerned she will either not do this or say horrid things that would mean I would not be able to register with the GTCS. Any advice from anyone?