1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview activity...help!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Fraggle79, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Fraggle79

Fraggle79 New commenter

I’ve been working as a supply for about 18months, mainly running 1:1 or small group interventions.
    I’ve applied for a full time position and have an interview next week. I need to plan and implement an adult led story session. I’ve not been told which age group it’s for but the position I’ve applied for is in eyfs and year 1.
    Can anyone suggest some stories that might be good to read please?

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Go with a story you know and enjoy and are confident with. If possible, have some props and plan how you can use them - for instance, if you chose 'Handa's Surprise', you could have some fruit in a bag and describe each piece to the children (before showing it to them) to see if they can guess what it is. I'm sure you'll come up with something far better than that, but you get the idea. Also plan where you will pause and what questions you can ask to check and extend their understanding.
    Good luck with the interview; let us know how you get on.

3. Fraggle79

Fraggle79 New commenter

That’s really helpful! Thank you