1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by giddyG2001, Mar 20, 2012.

1. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

Hi everyone, I have an interview on Thursday and as part of it I have to do a 10min reading activity with 4 year 3 or 4 children and I wanted to post up a few ideas I had and ask for your honest opinions, even if they're bad, I'd rather hear now than after the interview! Also, if anyone else has any ideas or similar experiences, I'd really appreciate any further help: Activity 1 - a picture book such as Giraffes Can't Dance (or something similar) with certain rhyming words blanked out. Give the children these words and get them to match them to where they should be Eg The cat sat on the BLANK - the child with the word MAT would put it in the blank space Activity 2 - a bingo game where they each have 9 words, and every time they think they hear or see one in the book, they get a counter. The first to get all 9 shouts BINGO. Activity 3 - having 3/4 different books and getting them to match the titles and blurbs on the back to the books. Personally I think activity 3 might be the best as it doesn't involve reading a whole book and seems a little different. But as I said, please feel welcome to give me your honest opinions. Thanks in advance!