1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview - 30 minute lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kkimirwin, Apr 17, 2018.

1. kkimirwin

kkimirwin New commenter

Hi
    I have an interview later in the week, where I have been asked to teach a 30 minute lesson on a specific topic to a small class.
    Would you plan an hour lesson and just deliver the first part of it?
    Or plan a whole mini lesson within 30 mins?
    Haven't had an interview for several years so I'm a bit out of touch.
    Thank you

2. captain scarlet

captain scarlet Established commenter

No, plan for the 30 mins

but just in case, have a few extra bits up your sleeve, not on the planed piece.

Back end of last year I went for an interview, I was actually stopped at the 30 min mark. in a couple of others, I have been allowed to continue.

kkimirwin and Stiltskin like this.
  3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

It's always handy to be able to say where your 30 mins firs in a wider context (if I had more time, or the next lesson, I would...)

kkimirwin likes this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I always planned a whole full hour lesson but then highlighted the parts I was going to deliver, ensuring that I could include a plenary.

5. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

Hi, glad to hear you're focusing on your lesson and the BEST OF LUCK. :)

6. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

I would plan a 30-minute lesson - that’s what you have been asked to teach. Always put at the bottom of your lesson plan how you would develop things in subsequent lessons and be prepared in case you get through things more quickly than you imagined or something doesn’t go as you’d hoped and you need to move onto the next activity. Good luck!