1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Intervention

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by gemzied, Dec 20, 2010.

1. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

Hi
    My HOD has asked for a list of intervention strategies for 14 learners who are currently not a 'safe C'
    Does anyone have any good intervention strategies other than revision sessions and revising seating plans?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

yep

writing frames
    sequence of writing
    extra lessons
    1-2-1
    on line revision tools
    past papers
    practise exam papers

to name but a few,

3. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

Thanks for these, I will pass these to her

Happy new year :)

4. Writing their own mark schemes for questions
    Self/peer marking using mark scheme
    C/D candidates I would make sure they 100% know all key words - can't access questions without e.g. Explain why some people are atheists - if they don't understand what an atheist is they are beggared.
    I have run compulsory revision sessions at lunchtime and then sent letters home saying how many they attended out of them and a basically a rider saying they have only bothered to turn up to one you had better get them workng at home now as I've done what I can my end!
    I have had some success buddying them with a high ability pupil in another class to do a joint GCSE question home work and also using competitive methods amongst lower ability boys.
    My greatest success however, which is unfortuantley near impossible to replicate was one year when for complicated reasons I had both year 10 and 11 sitting the short course exam at the same time. Several very nice, but lazyish and average ability C borderline boys were going out wiht top set year 10 very hard working girls who forced them to revise with them and I had a load of C boys come out with As! I am still working out how to do this without it becoming like a KS4 dating agency in the RE department!