1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Intervention Frameworks - Help!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by ldmoores31, May 14, 2020.

1. ldmoores31

ldmoores31 New commenter

Hi,
    I am doing my Level 3 STLS CACHE Diploma and i am really struggling with the question:

Summarise the provision, assessment and intervention frameworks for children with special educational needs and disabilities.

I have answered the provision & assessment part, but i am struggling to answer Intervention frameworks. I have had a look at the SEND code of practice 2014 as advised, but cannot find anything relating to Intervention frameworks or that explains it in more detail.
    Can anyone help me by what it means by intervention frameworks and if in the SEND code of practice 2014, what section will help me with this answer or any other sources.
    This is really stressing me out and cannot move on with the rest of my assignment.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Louise

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Do you work as a TA - or do you have a placement in a primary school? Think about the intervention programmes used there - that generally means the small group sessions, often delivered by a TA, that are put in place to consolidate learning that children are struggling with; these are often children with SEND.
    It could be a STEPS literacy programme, Wave 3 Maths, Flying Start Handwriting … there are endless programmes available. It could also be a programme provided for the school by an outside agency - a Speech and Language programme from the local authority SALT team.
    The SENCO at your placement school or the class teacher you work with should be able to give you information about the programmes used at your school.
    Good luck with your studies.

ldmoores31 likes this.
  3. ldmoores31

ldmoores31 New commenter

Thank you :)