1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interpreting Carol Dweck's Motivation Questionairre

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by mature_maths_trainee, Dec 12, 2010.

1. DM

DM New commenter

Stick with it MathsMA. My journey has taken me from intense irritation via strong disapproval to mild amusement. Who knows where this weeblecoaster ride will take me next?

2. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Give it a rest everybody.
    How about just concentrating on the work of Carol Dweck.

3. He seems especially keen to help me settle in. I've found his insistance on posting 4 abusive posts and 1 coherent one after each of mine has really helped.
    It's strange you know. I used to teach ICT too (I was DHOD ICT among other things at Bennies) yet I don't feel I have the appropriate experience to contribute to the ICT forum. Yet he feels his insights into mathematics will enhance things here.

4. autismuk

autismuk New commenter

This is a stock excuse On the first thread you contributed to you said something like 'This isn't my real persona'. I think you said it on the second thread as well. (Notwithstanding asking if it was okay to pretend to be something you weren't).
    It's not so much 'not reaching your usual standard of empathy' as not having any empathy at all.
    All you do is hack people off. You appear not to understand why, which is why you do the same thing over and over again.
    You haven't really addressed MathsMAs points at all, which sum up I suspect what almost every poster you've interacted with feels like.
    Doesn't that tell you something ? It's not just stroppy bu**ers like me !

5. DM

DM New commenter

There is no instrument sensitive enough to measure your empathy level becks so we didn't notice any difference.

6. ooops [​IMG]

7. DM

DM New commenter

But I still value his opinion over yours. Go figure.

8. MathsMA

MathsMA New commenter

You really don't get it do you!!
    Just what was written above the entrance of the Oracle in Delphi, you never know it might help you move on?

9. DM

DM New commenter

The facilitation hat suits you Casy but you will have to wrestle becks to the death for it.

10. I bought four ukeleles and a drum today. Surely we can cobble up something?

11. DM

DM New commenter

Are you planning to bang your own drum this evening?

12. autismuk

autismuk New commenter

You'd know if I was being abusive.
    I pointed out (you ignored it, or probably didn't read it) that I deliberately didn't contribute here in any form until about 250 odd posts were up. No change, you're still having the same effect.
    Odd that someone who publicly admits having had no real prior experience of SEN (due to have being moved to other classes) and learnt it from a book feels the need to push their views on behaviour and insult people with twenty years experience in really challenging schools.
    I would point out that apart from raising questions about the suitability of your 'L' shaped film idea with challenging children I haven't actually questioned your mathematical suggestions in this thread. I don't actually know who 'Carol Dweck' is.
    Perhaps she is related to Pontius Pilate in Life of Bwian ?

13. t's your hat DM.
    Night night.

14. DM

DM New commenter

Budget string quartet?

15. DM

DM New commenter

Night becks.

16. If I bang will you strum?

17. seren_dipity

seren_dipity New commenter

I've had to go and lie down....

18. DM

DM New commenter

Someone will call the double entendre police if you carry on like that.

19. autismuk

autismuk New commenter

Me too.
    Laughing too much.
    I might just buy the idea that we are in a conspiracy to shut weebecka up (Note: Plan A17-ZZ8 tomorrow). It's the idea that it's fuelled by right wing extremism that I find a hoot.

20. DM

DM New commenter

Understanding what you are talking about is entirely optional in this thread.