1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Internet website restricting / blocking software

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by crusader62, Aug 14, 2019.

1. crusader62

crusader62 New commenter

Where I work we use an internet filter whereby if learners are seen to be on a website that they should not be on we can block it. This however involves getting in touch with our IT department each time to get them to block these sites.
    Can I ask what software packages other teachers are using in there classrooms and how the rate them.

I seem to remember someone once telling me about a package that they used whereby the teacher could actually see from the tutor desktop what site any learner was on. And with a touch of a button they could instantly lock that site with no discussion or confrontation. Does such a package exist ?

What are your experiences and which package could you recommend ?

Any help gratefully received .

pepper5 likes this.
  2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

You need to talk to your IT team. They can tell you what software is available on your network. Things like AB Tutor work well, but you need to make an educational and budget case for them. You may well find that there is appropriate software in school already.
    Remember that IT-savvy pupils will find ways round some blocks, and that education rather than technology is the better solution in the end - or at the very least you need both.

pepper5 likes this.