1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Internet tabs you always have open

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, Mar 4, 2016.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I clicked on google chrome, and as is my routine/habit, I immediately opened 5 tabs: BBCIplayer radio, BBCIplayer, Outlook, Facebook and TES. These tabs are always open, with others coming and going.

What tabs do other people always have open?

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Telegraph, Google, TES, Various emails

3. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Unless I'm doing something special, technical or I'm looking for reference material I rarely have more than one open

racroesus likes this.
  4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

BBC Weather, Amazon, here, iplayer.

5. WJClarkson

WJClarkson Occasional commenter

TES, Outlook, Facebook, and whatever else I'm doing.

6. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I'm a nightmare for opening tabs. Currently got 41 open. About half are academic papers to do with uni work that have been open for days because I'm too scared to shut down in case I forget why I wanted them (yes, I've bookmarked them, but I know I won't remember what was in which unless I can actually see them), lots are various crafty shops where on a whim I've looked up stuff I want to buy and have put stuff in the basket to wait for when I've got the money to actually buy them (or more likely, until the urge to buy them passes), a couple of clothes websites, amazon, facebook, here, bbc, buzzfeed, cracked, a couple of American blogs that I follow that tend to get updated throughout the evening. I go through all of them for a couple of minutes at a time before getting bored and going on to the next. I swear I'm slightly ADHD.

7. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

One.
    (usually)

8. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

A delicious account saves me from my non diagnosed ADHD
    ;)
    https://delicious.com/

9. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I do that too.