1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Internet safety week

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Apr 18, 2012.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Hi all, I'm a new ICT coordinator and my first task is to organise an Internet safety week for the end of term. I don't know where to start! I'm thinking I could get a visitor in, any ideas who would be best? I don't really know what the ht is expecting! What have you done in the past?

2. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Hi all, I'm a new ICT coordinator and my first task is to organise an Internet safety week for the end of term. I don't know where to start! I'm thinking I could get a visitor in, any ideas who would be best? I don't really know what the ht is expecting! What have you done in the past?

3. Have you seen these sites?
    http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/hectorsworld/
    http://old.kidsmart.org.uk/default.aspx
    I think Beat Bullying has some stuff on cyber bullying as well.
    Maybe get classes/school council to draw up a list of internet safety rules- keeping information safe, what to do if you get an abusive email/text link it to 'real life' safety. (same rules for people on internet who are strangers as for strangers you meet in person) Organise a competition for the best illustrations for a poster of esafety tips to go around school.
    Could the children present what they've learnt to parents in an assembly? Often it's a massive issue at home as well as school.
    Have you got staff meeting time? Ask year groups to contribute something appropriate from every class to a display/assembly etc
    Ask your PSHCE co-ordinator- it's a big area for 'staying safe' and they should have access to materials too.
    HTH!

4. We have local PCSOs that come in and talk about Internet Safety - usally has impact and the kids listen well..