1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Internet research - differentation for ofsted?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lovelylady, Feb 2, 2011.

1. lovelylady

lovelylady New commenter

Hello,

We are mid ofsted and they have not seen any ICT yet. I am in the ICT suite tomorrow morning, but the main whiteboard for teaching is out of action so I need to do my lead in my room, then move to the suite. I was making it easy by researching our home town to compare with another UK town that we are researching at present.
    How can I differentiate this task? Im about to meltdown!!!

(Its upper KS2)

I am going to talk through safeguarding first before they search.

Thanks in advance...

One very stressed LL x

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

What are they meant to be learning?

3. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

If the point is using the ict for research, could you use different search engines? Google and Ask kids?
    Or could some use cds?

4. lovelylady

lovelylady New commenter

They are researching the difference between 2 towns; in particular tourism, geography, places of interest

5. hi we are mid ofsted too.... so I know what it feels like!
    I've had my feedback today, and the only thing that was criticised was that I didn't differentiate enough for different groups, both with the activity and the expectations/success criteria (even though I thought I had done that). So my advice would be, have 3 different activities with 3 different success criteria, ie one group maybe finding the answers to a limited number of questions, the middle group some different questions, and the ha group could maybe do a more open research activity. Just a thought - I am very very tired, so not sure how useful it is, and of course I don't know the class and what they can do. Good luck!

6. Hi,
    We have just had OFSTED and they pulled almost everyone up on lack of differentiation. I would make your differentiation clear and make sure your highers are well challenged. Good Luck.

7. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Then you need to be clear that this is a Geography lesson, and differentiate accordingly. Just because you're using a computer does not make it ICT curriculum teaching.