1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

International teaching jobs CV and covering letter help

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by lcskipsey, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I have been applying for international teaching jobs for over a year now and had no luck. I wondered if anyone had example CVs and/or covering letters I could have a look at. Rest assured I am not going to copy and already have my own but I am starting to think mine needs some vast improvement and so would like to see if there is anything I am missing. I would really appreciate it if people could send me some examples/templates to Lcskipsey@hotmail.com or any general tips would be really appreciated.

2. I have been applying for international teaching jobs for over a year now and had no luck. I wondered if anyone had example CVs and/or covering letters I could have a look at. Rest assured I am not going to copy and already have my own but I am starting to think mine needs some vast improvement and so would like to see if there is anything I am missing. I would really appreciate it if people could send me some examples/templates to Lcskipsey@hotmail.com or any general tips would be really appreciated.

3. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

I have PM'ed you my E-mail addy,

Better if you let us have a look at yours.

4. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

Yes, it's often a good idea to re-examine one's CV and application letter. I know I've recently made a few alterations to both.

However, your problem might simply be that you are up against a lot of competition. What is your subject? If it's chemistry, physics or maths then you stand a better chance. If it's something else then you really do have a tough fight on your hands.