1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

International Schools - Thailand.

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by phoebew87, Sep 17, 2018.

1. phoebew87

phoebew87 New commenter

Hello,

Long time reader, first-time poster :)

I currently work as a teacher at a state school in Thailand, I've been teaching ESL at state schools in Thailand for more than 4 years, however, I really want to move across to working in an international school, specifically in the field of art if at all possible. The only problem is that I don't currently have any postgraduate qualifications or a teaching license / QTS. Ideally, I would like to gain my PGCEi or M.Ed while teaching in Thailand, I would rather not go back to the UK as I have a 10-month-old baby and my husband wouldn't be able to join us due to visa issues. It would be great if I can find a job at a 2nd or 3rd tier international school while I am training, I know of people that have successfully done this, but I am sure it's not that easy. Can anyone give me any pointers or advice in general as to the better postgraduate course to apply for, and ways of getting into an international school prior to achieving the postgraduate certification.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance for your help :)

2. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

You might be better off posting on the international board.....

Some schools advertise posts as coming with training, but this is rare. Keep an eye out though!