1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

International Schools Review - bolting the stable door!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by stopwatch, Aug 14, 2018.

?

Have you used the ***?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I have never heard of it

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mickyd197se

Mickyd197se Occasional commenter

Did the reviews eventually make it? It would be worrying if reviews were not.

The only concern I have with the reviews on *** is when they make public accusations about people. It seems unfair to have direct public criticisms like that. I realise it's the nature of the beast somewhat, but two sides to the story and all that.

Teachallover likes this.
  2. briancant

briancant Occasional commenter

I agree. Whilst it's fair to review schools I don't think individuals (however dishonest they may be) should be named.

Teachallover likes this.
  3. inspire0792

inspire0792 New commenter

@stopwatch Have you any experience of schools in Kuwait?

4. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

No I haven’t. I only have a general understanding of life in Kuwait from colleagues I have worked with elsewhere.

5. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

No, despite re-writing them, they never appeared. Not sure why

6. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

@stopwatch there was a note on the site yesterday saying that they weren't working because of the Labor Day holiday - check again in case they are still catching up?

7. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

I put my entries in (including the second ones) about 3 weeks ago.

8. Mickyd197se

That's a bit worrying. Was there anything especially controversial in them? Anything that might lead the website to consider if there could be any legal repercussions?

9. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter

I don't know how big the team is there but I imagine quite small and summer holidays could take some catching up from. Epecially if there are more reviews than normal go in over the summer as staff leave schools and feel freer to review them.

10. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Nothing too controversial, generally balanced - there were other entries a lot more damning

11. Mickyd197se

Did they ever publish the review?

Damn shame if they don't publish all reviews that aren't excessively controversial.

12. Spintop0101

Spintop0101 New commenter

How does one sign up to get access to the International Schools Review? NM, I found it! Wasn't aware of this resource.

13. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Google.... register..... pay...... simples!!

14. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Yes I have just checked again. The school review which I put is not there. There are some very damning reports which have made it through and mine was by no way anywhere near as negative. The other missing report was a positive review of a Principal I worked for, so I can't fathom why that isn't there.

The other reports which I wrote are there.

Confuzzled.com

15. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter

Have you ttried contacting them to ask them? You could do so from a different email account to that with which you are registered if the anonymity is important.

Hey - *** - I pay for your service and don't want to think that you're keeping some reviews from me!