1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

International schools in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by toodles90, Feb 7, 2020.

1. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

Primary is at Thonglor station.

2. Booker_d

Booker_d New commenter

Wow, grdwd...etc is correct. A simple Google search of the school name followed by the word salary gives what appears to be a current teaching applicant's handbook. Interesting reading.

3. ToK-tastic

ToK-tastic New commenter

Thanks for that - interesting reading, the pay scale is virtually identical to our school, except we don't get the "Mid-contract Professional Allowance" - seems like a nice little perk.

4. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

It's nice for those that aren't on an overseas contract that has flights (for the teacher only). We also have a bonus for signing a second contract but don't see the money till after that second contract is finished.
    My partner is at a different school and although he doesn't get a housing allowance, he gets flights every year (not just for the teacher). I'll take my housing allowance over flights every year anytime. But he received a bonus after his first contract, it was in his account before the end of June. It was the equivalent of nearly two months pay. It all swings in round abouts.