1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

International School in Paris

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by hjlewis350, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Anyone had any experience of working/interviewing at the main international school In Paris that's called the B****** school of Paris?

2. Angelil

Angelil Occasional commenter

I don't work there, but it is near where I live. To have "of Paris" in the title is very misleading as it's actually out of town (four stops from the end of the RER A), although it's not *far* (it's 6 stops on the RER from Charles de Gaulle-Etoile in the 16th arrondissement). You do also have to walk or cycle a bit once you are off the train; there is also a bus but I don't know if that only delivers kids from other towns outside of Paris. There may not be a bus actually from the station itself.
    Its reputation is as one of the best international schools in Paris along with 2 others (one beginning with an A and one beginning with an I).
    They do require that you are a qualified teacher and that you have recent experience of the British curriculum. If you don't have these you may have to try harder to get in there.

3. I know the Head personally (have worked with him in the past at another school) and he is the best manager I've ever had. If you have an interview/offer there you can't go wrong. Good luck!

4. Please can you clarify - is the Head someone who worked in the Netherlands recently? Or is it a Brit? Linkedin and articles online tell me one person, the school website another!

Thanks

5. Hi,
    I hope that you were succesfull! I have interview there next week and I wondered if you could give me any hints or tips?

e.g. questions, key priorities etc.

If you want to respond to my personal e-mail: its LButterw@kirkleescollege.ac.uk

Many Thanks