1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

International Primary Programmes

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by mzuzuhead, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Would be very interested in people's views on which primary curriculum they prefer teaching in international schools. PYP, IPP, CIPP or simply ENC?
    Thanks in advance.

2. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

Recently I completed the "online training" for the CIPP. What a lot of nonsense! Not one of my "submissions" was graded and I still have not received my certificate for completing the "course". In fact, the CIPP website has a forum and on it you will find that many other teachers have written about their lousy experiences with the so-called training and how they never received any feedback from the CIPP.
    The CIPP can be "used alongside other curricula", which is another way of saying, "Do whatever you want. We don't care, as long as you have paid your fee!" Sometimes the CIPP is more or less the same as the English National Curriculum, so what is so wonderful, different and "international" about it? Not much, as far as I can see. The CIPP recommends the Heinemann Maths scheme and the Nelson English scheme, both of which we already have. So what's new? The CIPP only seems to cover English, Maths and Science anyway, so what are we supposed to do with the rest of the curriculum? Carry on as before? Thanks for nothing, CIPP!

3. Many thanks-just what I was beginning to think.