1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

International primary curriculum and teaching english.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by vinorose, Jan 20, 2011.

1. As a Literacy Co-ordinator I am interested in how you teach English using this International primary curriculm as we may well be using this next year! Do you incorporate it into the topic or still teach stand alone lessons?

2. As a Literacy Co-ordinator I am interested in how you teach English using this International primary curriculm as we may well be using this next year! Do you incorporate it into the topic or still teach stand alone lessons?

3. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

We teach stand alone literacy and numeracy lessons. However, at the beginning of every IPC topic we have a chat with the literacy co-ordinator about what writing we can get into our IPC. For example, our current topic is "moving people" so my class will be writing a diary as a refugee, a newspaper article about the flooding in Australia, a non-chronological report on a chosen country etc

4. We do stand alone literacy and numeracy lessons but try to link it to the IPC wherever possible.