1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

International Deputy Head post

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by sboutalbi, Dec 30, 2015.

1. sboutalbi

sboutalbi New commenter

I'm currently applying for deputy head posts in the UAE. So far I've had one telephone interview and two skype interviews, but have not got any further in the process. I've requested feedback, all three times but have recieved none. I've not had any international experience prior to this application. I've been a deputy head for about 2 years in my current school.I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation. I'm not sure if its my technique on skype, or someting else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I do not know how to say this without appearing to be unkind or insensitive. The UAE is a very racist place and, if you are not white and English-looking, then my guess would be that quite a few international schools would be reluctant to offer you a deputy headship.